What to Consider for Playroom Safety
Once you have kids, your home’s composition must change. In addition to adding a nursery, you may want to also consider adding a playroom. This space will give your kids a specific area to place their toys and keep your living room clean. There are many factors to consider when creating the playroom. You want to make sure you can leave your kids alone while you are completing chores or need to take a phone call. Learn how you can make your kid’s space enjoyable while also practicing playroom safety. Playroom Ideas
- Coloring Station complete with a small table and chairs that can also be used for board games, tea parties and more.
- Storage Spaces that use colored baskets to match the room’s color, aid in organization, and hold loose toys or other items.
- Office Station perfect for making your little ones feel like an adult. Add a desk, pens, play phone, file cabinet, and more.
- Dress Up Area complete for your super heroes or princesses. You can either place the costumes on hooks or store in a container.
- Bookshelf to hold books and store other items. Bookshelves are perfect to brighten up any space by adding color to a room.
- Kitchen Playroom to give your kids a place to play close by when you are preparing and cooking meals. You can create a space off the edge of your kitchen that is kid friendly, yet still sophisticated by using items like hardwood floors and shutters.
- Large Window with child-safe window treatments to control the amount of light inside. You can open the window treatments to create more natural light, perfect for putting together puzzles or coloring.
Playroom Safety A playroom should be safe. Although you want your kids to have a space they can have fun, you do not want them getting hurt. This may mean placing your kid’s playroom close to your kitchen so you can keep an eye on your kids. You can also make the playroom a space you, as an adult will enjoy. Adding a couch, day bed, television, or desk space with modern lighting and other furnishings will make it easier for you to watch your kids when they are playing. Your kid’s playroom safety should be a top priority and sometimes that means making it a space you will like as well.
For your kids, you should make sure your furniture does not have any hard corners or edges. In addition, if you use hardwood or tile floors, you may want to invest in a rug, as smooth surfaces make it easier for kids to slip and fall.
For your best interests, you will want to use furnishings that are comfortable, modern, and easy to clean. A popular trend in kid’s playrooms and other home spaces are shutters. These classic window treatments are durable, safe, and elegant, yet also very easy to clean. Available in various color choices and sizes, shutters can match any room’s style.
If you would like to purchase shutters for your kid’s playroom, visit Eclipse Shutters. Eclipse Shutters are Best for Kids™ Certified, making them the perfect choice for homes with children. Based in Atlanta, our company has been shipping window shutters across the nation since 1992. We are proud to offer affordable elegance to our consumers, and look forward to serving you. Contact us today for more information.