Eclipse Shutters proudly offers a 25 year warranty that promises satisfaction with an unconditional guarantee. This warranty is the best in the industry!
25 YEAR WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Warranty on Shutter Frame and Shutter Panel
Eclipse® Shutters are warranted against such defects in material that might result in blistering, peeling, flaking, corroding, and fading of the shutter frame or panel members for a period of twenty-five (25) years from the date of installation. This Warranty on the Polyresin3® frame and Polyresin3® panels shall remain in effect only if normal cleaning practices are followed periodically (see section: Maintenance and Cleaning).
5 Year Warranty on Hardware
Eclipse® warrants that the hardware will remain in good operational condition for a period of five (5) years from the date of installation.
This Warranty must be received by Eclipse Shutters no later than thirty (30) days after the completed installation using the online registration form (eclipseshutters.com/warranty-registration). This will ensure the property owner is entitled to the 25 Year Warranty. The Warranty stipulated in this document is the only warranty applicable to Eclipse® Shutters and is granted in lieu of any warranties otherwise implied by law or equity and no such warranties shall apply to Eclipse Shutters 25 Year Warranty.
- Product Use
This Warranty applies only in respect to products used strictly for the purpose for which they were intended. Eclipse Shutters are intended for internal use only.
- Warranty Limitations
Eclipse Shutters liability is limited solely and exclusively to repair or replacement, at the option of Eclipse and under no circumstances will Eclipse be liable for incidental or consequential charges such as, but not limited to, labor costs for any purpose, inconvenience, damage or injury to persons or to property, or any other expense.
- Replacement Parts or Repairs
Eclipse reserves the right to discontinue or change any Eclipse shutter as currently manufactured. If an exact replacement part is not available, Eclipse® reserves the right to substitute parts of equal quality at its sole option.
Exclusions from Warranty Coverage
The following are excluded from coverage under this Warranty:
- Exposure to air pollutants and normal atmospheric conditions may cause all Polyresin3 surfaces to gradually suffer an accumulation of surface dirt or stains. These are normal occurrences and are not covered under the Eclipse® Warranty.
- Any defect, malfunction, or failure to perform which has occurred because of unreasonable use, improper application, or failure to perform reasonable or necessary maintenance.
- Any damage to the shutters or components of the shutters caused by settlement or structural defects of the building in which they are installed.
- Any damage caused by wind, hail, lightning, or other acts of God, intentional acts, accidents, negligence, or exposure to harmful chemicals or pollutants.
- Damage caused by improper handling or installation.
- Any shutter which has been repaired or modified or attempted to have been repaired or modified by any person other than a duly authorized representative of Eclipse Shutters.
- Shutters are light controlling but not black out.
- Shutters made without divider rails that are too wide or too high are not warranted.
Effective Date of Warranty
This Warranty will take effect the date the installation of the shutters has been completed. The registration must be submitted online (eclipseshutters.com/warranty-registration) to Eclipse Shutters no later than thirty (30) days from the date of installation.
Maintenance and Cleaning
Polyresin3 materials are closer to “maintenance free” than any other building material. However, surfaces may become dirty. Normal maintenance requires washing with mild soap and water using a soft cloth. For difficult to remove dirt and stains, water-based household cleaners can be used. Chlorine-based cleaners or other cleaners containing organic solvents could affect the surface appearance and durability of the product.
Procedure and Conditions of Warranty Remedy
Repairs are done at the Eclipse plant. Shutters must be brought to Eclipse or an Eclipse fabricator. Eclipse will not be responsible for any costs incurred in transporting shutters to and from the Eclipse plant. In the event that the Eclipse obligation under this Warranty is sought, the Owner must notify the Dealer/Distributor in writing within thirty (30) days after the defect has first appeared. Such notification must contain the following:
- Name and address of the Owner.
- Date of installation.
- A brief description of the defect.